National Cycle tourism Network - Road Book 2018: Cycle tourism maps and GPS tracks for cycle touring in Portugal.
The National Cycletourism network is a project designed by a portuguese road project engineer and cycle touring enthusiast, whose goal is to signal a nationwide network with the best roads for bike touring in Portugal. The "National Cycletourism Network - Road Book 2018" consists on a digital PDF document with the most beautiful secondary and low traffic roads in Portugal, identified exclusively by GPS.
The Road Book 2018 is a guide, exclusively in digital PDF format (no paper version) that takes you along the most beautiful secondary and low traffic roads in Portugal, identified exclusively using GPS (no need for vertical signaling). Based on the existing low traffic public roads, bike lanes, rails-to-trails and macadam pathways this project selects for you the best tracks that leads you through the most amazing scenarios and landscaping of Portugal.
The 2018 edition presents a total of 3820 km (of 7000 km expected untill 2025) identified in GPS. Pavements are mostly asphalt but may also vary from macadam, compacted soil, wood or old stone paved roads.
What does the Road Book 2018 include?
- A PDF guide with 140 pages full of maps for the 19 long distance routes identified all over the country.
- GPS tracks (KML and GPX formats) for your self-guidance all over the 3820 km of secondary roads, bike lanes and rails-to-trails already included in the network.
- 3820 km divided in 85 sections with 30 to 50 km each one with detailed maps, technical data, touristic info and photos.
- Tips for an amazing experience while cycle touring in Portugal.
- Fully written in English.
With this purchase you will get:
- 1 PDF file (50 Mb) containing the 2018 road book, in english, with all the maps, technical and turistic information for each section, tips& tricks for cycling in Portugal, hyperlinks for online maps and much more.
- 19 GPX and 19 KML files (one for each long distance route called "ecovia") with all the available sections, to use with your GPS device or smartphone.
- 1 PDF file containing de General Map of the Network.
- After your first purchase you will get automatically an 80% discount for all the future editions, to be developed and published until 2025.